Thursday, February 5, 2015

Personal Capital - Few Thoughts

Recently, I was exploring some tools similar to Mint, YNAB or any software which helps me give varied views of my financial landscape. The thing is I like to rotate them and put them in various sites for fear that if one site has all the data and for what-so-ever reasons the site security gets compromised, then you are in for a ride. That is one of the primary reasons why I created multiple accounts with the likes of mints/yoddlee or something that is preferably away from the big companies.
A new site which caught my eye is Person Capital. It is a San Fran based start-up and the site is pretty impressive and very easy to understand and operate. There are no unnecessary clutter and "tools" on the website. It is pretty neat and elegant design. I liked the speed of the site and the overall value it provides in terms of reminder emails as well as fresh articles in their blogroll.
Further, any such site will have their value measured by the database of third-party banks with which they integrate and how fast they do that. I hate PayPal for this particular reason that their integration features are from the last century. In that respect, Personal Capital integrated with many banks and financial institutions with elan and ease. I threw obscure credit unions, big banks, investment accounts, insurance companies, mortgage accounts and even an odd international bank to boot with not many local branches. So, having passed all the test, I have referred it to a few of my friend and colleagues, who gladly signed up for their services. In case, anyone here is interested, here is the link: http://refer.personalcapital.com/share/k3w6m
It is a slight departure from the usual credit card centric theme of this blog but oh well, it is just an odd post before I get my other blog running related to the money matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment